Alyson & Matt // Gronberg Wedding // Wichita, KS
Wow! September 23, 2017 was an AMAZING day! Let me tell you all about it.
Matt and I were good friends in high school and as soon as I met his sweet fiance, Alyson, I knew we would be good friends too! The three of us initially met over coffee last year and talked about their wedding day and I remember walking away from that meeting crossing my fingers that they would ask me to photograph it! A few weeks later, they did! As the wedding day grew closer, Alyson and I met for coffee again in Wichita and I felt like I was grabbing coffee with a good friend, not just a bride and client. We talked and laughed and dreamt about her upcoming wedding and it just made me that much more excited to photograph the best day of their lives.
The coolest part about Matt & Alyson's wedding was all the friends and family that came together to make their wedding amazing. Alyson's wedding gown was custom made (she designed it herself!) by a good friend, her flowers were created by her bridesmaids, her family performed live music at the ceremony, they had friends and family in attendance from around the world, their bridal party made sure they had a great time and countless other friends and family showed up for them in many different ways. I could tell that these two were so loved!
I could go on and on about this day, but I'll share my favorite moments here and let the photos do the talking!
1. Alyson's twin sister, Ashley helped her into her wedding dress. In the process, she spilled jewelry glue on the front of her dress! Alyson probably secretly wanted to strangle her, but she kept her cool and didn't let a little mishap ruin her day! (you couldn't even tell, thank goodness!)
2. Alyson surprised Matt with an original song she wrote specifically for their wedding day. She performed it for him right before the ceremony and it was simply beautiful!
3. When the time came to kiss the bride, these two had a show stopping kiss! (see photo below!)
4. Party Bus. I love love love dancing and party busses are SO fun!
5. During bridal party photos, I suggested to the guys that they should toss Matt in the air basket toss style. Well, little did I know that these guys would channel their inner cheerleaders and throw Matt so high (several times) and scare the girls half to death! I'd say it was worth it because those photos are some of my favorites! Thanks guys for making it happen!
6. Alyson's sisters wrote and performed a parody of Bohemian Rhapsody that had hilarious jokes and killer harmonies.
The reception was filled with good food, toasts that made you laugh and cry, lots of great dance moves and a beautiful sparkler exit. The whole day was simply perfect and I loved getting to be there for every moment. Matt & Alyson, I wish you both all the best and will be reminiscing on your wedding day for a long time! :) xoxo
Vendors & Loved Ones Who Made Their Day Special:
Dress: Custom made by Patti Ludwig, friend of the bride
Hair: Ali Walton
Makeup: Ashley Rodriguez
Florals: Made by the bride and her bridesmaids
Rings: Desilet Diamonds
DJ: Chuck Collins
Cake: Julie Schuurman
Groomsman Attire: Johnston's
Coordination: Lillie Kendrick and Sherrie Brummer
Calligraphy & Signs: Abby Connor